SEATTLE, WA and NEW ORLEANS, LA -- (Marketwired) -- 11/18/14 --
At the 2014 Supercomputing Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, global supercomputer leader Cray Inc. (NASDAQ: CRAY) today announced the Company won six awards from the readers and editors of HPCwire, as part of the publication's 2014 Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards. This marks the 11th consecutive year Cray has been selected for multiple HPCwire awards.
This year's awards include:
- Readers' Choice: Best HPC Interconnect Product or Technology (Cray "Aries" Interconnect and "Dragonfly" network topology)
- Readers' Choice: Top 5 Vendors to Watch
- Editors' Choice: Best HPC Collaboration Between Government & Industry (National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center [NERSC] partners with Intel and Cray to prepare for Cori, the Cray® XC™ supercomputer slated to be deployed at NERSC in 2016)
- Editors' Choice: Best HPC Collaboration Between Government & Industry (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory partners with Intel and Cray to explore big data architectures with Catalyst supercomputer)
- Editors' Choice: Best HPC Interconnect Product or Technology (Cray "Aries" Interconnect and "Dragonfly" network topology)
- Editors' Choice: Top 5 Vendors to Watch
"The HPCwire awards are especially noteworthy as they are given out by the broader HPC community, including the very customers that deploy supercomputers in their work every day," said Barry Bolding, Cray's vice president of marketing and business development. "These six awards represent some of the reasons that Cray has been so successful and it's an honor to be chosen. Cray is devoted to the continual effort to help our customers tackle the world's most challenging issues in supercomputing and big data. We strive to push the envelope across our core business pillars including compute, storage and data analytics, and the HPCwire awards are a prominent recognition of our efforts."
The highly coveted, annual HPCwire Readers' Choice and Editors' Awards are determined through a nomination and voting process with the global HPCwire community, along with a selection process in which the editors of HPCwire make selections. The formal presentation of the awards takes place during the week of the Supercomputing Conference each year, which showcases high performance computing, software, networking, storage, data analysis and scientific breakthroughs. The awards honor demonstrated excellence and outstanding technological advancements achieved by the HPC community.
A complete list of award winners is available on the HPCwire.com website.
About Cray Inc.
Global supercomputing leader Cray Inc. (NASDAQ: CRAY) provides innovative systems and solutions enabling scientists and engineers in industry, academia and government to meet existing and future simulation and analytics challenges. Leveraging more than 40 years of experience in developing and servicing the world's most advanced supercomputers, Cray offers a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers and big data storage and analytics solutions delivering unrivaled performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray's Adaptive Supercomputing vision is focused on delivering innovative next-generation products that integrate diverse processing technologies into a unified architecture, allowing customers to meet the market's continued demand for realized performance. Go to www.cray.com for more information.
Cray is a registered trademark of Cray Inc. in the United States and other countries, and XC is a trademark of Cray Inc. Other product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Source: Cray Inc.